||Description: While recruiting, hiring, evaluating and promoting established or potential team members one must follow applicable HR laws. When interviewing, one must use best practices. In this workshop, participants:
1) Self-reflection on previous hiring situations that provided opportunities for growth.
2) Reflect upon the role organizational culture plays selecting appropriate applicants.
3) Discuss critical success factors and performance standards required for the position.
4) Explore the use of an interview tool that minimizes risk that provide insight into a potential employee’s level of emotional intelligence, culture fit and competence.
5) Develop an action plan to increase skills and confidence in the hiring process.
Who should attend: Individual Contributors, Emerging Managers, and Managers.
This workshop is one of ten workshops in the Mindful Manager Certificate Program.
Pre-course work: Required: Interviewing Opportunities reflection exercise.
Recommended: “Emotional Intelligence” by Daniel Goleman